2.08.2012

Traditional Media Uses

Is our old ways of connecting with those around us beginning to see the end? Some may say so, but I disagree. Although social media is taking over the majority of companies marketing and advertisement, I still believe that newspapers, radio, and magazines still have a chance. On SocialMediaToday.com, I found a great article about why we should not give up on traditional media.

  • 74% of American adults read a newspaper at least once a week, either printed or online. In certain markets, it's 90% (Scarborough Research) (link)
  • 2-5 year old Americans watch 25 hours of TV weekly, 4.5 hours of DVD or video games + 90 minutes on DVR and 45 minutes with a VCR. (Nielsen) 50% of 2-11 year olds TV and Internet separately while the other 50% use both simultaneously. 60% of teens use both simultaneously. (link)
After reading this article (thanks SocialMediaToday.com) it changed my view on traditional uses of media. I don't think we give enough credit to the old timers. I know we are young and hip and like to do things on our own, but it's like listening to our parents, they are usually always right because they are older. Let's give these guys a chance, shall we?

#traditionalmedia #socialmedia #newspaper #magazine #television #socmeddiscuss

http://socialmediatoday.com/index.php?q=SMC/186359

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Finally someone who agrees with me!! I don't think "old" media is completely dead...yet!

    ReplyDelete